What can you expect from the role?
- You will participate in the SHE Global Leadership Team to drive SHE culture and SHE performance in unity across the globe
- Set a SHE implementation plan to deliver against different functions; geography and SHE Global Strategies
- Set goals and plans to meet geographic, business and SHE commitment
- Manage the SHE teams responsible to deliver results
- Maintain a strong network to manage risk of upcoming changes and build plans into existing priorities particularly in new capital projects, new business acquisitions and divestitures
- Local Governance to drive strong SHE culture
- Lead the culture change process for SHE in the geography
- Design and operate a governance process in alignment with global requirements to track performance against all SHE targets. Work across the matrix organization to ensure progress meets company expectations
- Lead the local auditing program ensuring simplification to the client
- Ensure global governance tools represent needs locally and globally. Maintain local governance tools as necessary
- Oversee the legal SHE compliance of all sites to ensure they meet all local/national regulatory requirements and Unilever standards. Work with Legal and Regulatory Affairs to implement new legal requirements
- Manage change to balance risk by implementing appropriate controls
- Maintain local documented standards, policies, and practices to ensure SHE compliance with regulatory and Unilever expectations
- Support global reporting with data and verbiage for internal and external company reports for SHE technologies ensuring accuracy and brand protection. Develop local reporting with trend analysis from incidents, near misses and safe behaviour observations
- Translate global standards into local language and maintain SharePoint for policies and practices
- Capability Building programs
- Ensure SHE employees participate in the global community of practice of SHE professionals to ensure sharing of best practice and effective communication
- Oversee professional SHE skills within SHE and across client base by determining training needs and assisting in delivery of training programs
- Maintain local expertise in specific SHE technologies like machine safety, mechanized material handling equipment safety (MMHE), safe driving, office safety, safe travel, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, emergency planning and response, security, process safety, water, air and waste compliance requirements and others.
- Participate in Emergency Planning and Response
- Advise line management in all accident/incident investigations
- Assist the Incident Management Teams in leading and developing the internal incident management committees; support site leaders in the country/business in serious incident investigation and analysis
- Lead critical root cause investigations for complex incidents
- Integrate Newly Acquired Businesses and Decentralized Businesses
- Operate within the boundaries of SHE business expectations in cost, capital, and headcount.
Does this sound like you?
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering
- At least 10 years of experience in SHE related role including leadership responsibilities and accountability for results
- Technology experience in engineering, modelling, data analysis, manufacturing chemistries, environmental operations, environmental impact on the planet, and how those technologies impact risk
- Proven track record of analytical thinking and project management
- Excellent knowledge of SHE standards. Working knowledge using SHE IT tools and how those tools integrate into other functional work processes
- Ability to influence strategic deliverables in a widely matrixed organization. International business/cultural sensitivity
- Ability to manage multiple requests and priorities simultaneously
- Good observation and auditing skills
- Ability to travel between 30% and 40% which is primarily within the geography
- Manufacturing site leadership experience
- Working experience with work processes in all functions in Unilever to best integrate all SHE standards and tools
Buka link URL: unilever.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.